Location: Dallas, TX (preferred). We are a blended office/work from home environment. Due to COVID we are currently remote.
The primary responsibility of this position is managing accounts payable and accounts receivabl.e, This dual role includes processing and sub-ledger reconciliations, managing all billing, accounting, and day-to-day financial activities. This is a detail-oriented position that requires extensive knowledge of the accounting life cycle, SOP Billing, and accounts payable/receivable management.
Role & Responsibilities: Accounts Receivable
- Perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient and effective processing of accounts receivable transactions.
- Manage employee expense reports.
- Execute full cycle billings, including invoicing cycles, customer groupings, item codes, and general ledger account defaults.
- Perform expense pass through invoicing and prepare check vouchers.
- Set up new vendors and maintain vendor files.
- Receive, approve, and input invoices into accounting system.
- Sort, review, code, and match invoices and payments.
- Monitor accounts to ensure payments are made timely and posted correctly.
- Communicate internally with account managers and executives regarding billing accounts.
- Communicate externally with clients and vendors regarding invoicing questions.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements and journal entries
- Assist in month-end closing functions, adhering to deadlines.
- Maintain master customer files; ensuring all information is correct and up to date.
Role & Responsibilities: Accounts Payable
- Ensure accurate and timely procurement and approval of goods and services according to company policy.
- Monitor, maintain, and analyze all accounts payable data, ensuring the proper and timely coding of invoices.
- Thorough and timely research of accounts payable with accurate issue resolution.
- Manage the payment of all invoices and expense reports.
- Maintain positive working relationships with vendors.
- Set up new vendors, ensuring all required documentation is on file for each one.
- Reconcile vendor statements; research, and correct discrepancies.
- Provide accurate and timely processing of all transactions, reports, and statements, adhering to all deadlines and protocols.
- Produce accounting and financial reports for the Controller.
- Work closely with the Controller to ensure accurate and timely month-end and year-end procedures and internal/external audits.
- Improve systems and procedures within the accounting department, initiating corrective action plans as needed.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Adhere to proper accounting methods, policies, principles, and best practices.
- Support the Controller as needed.
- Strong attention to deadlines and detail – ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
- Robust oral and written communication skills
- High level of computer literacy, including Excel (Pivot Tables)
- Preferred understanding of GAAP reporting, SaaS accounting, and revenue recognition models
- Deep understanding of bookkeeping and accounting principles, standards, laws, and regulations
- Extensive experience with bank reconciliations, accounts receivable, and customer collections
- Functional knowledge of Sale Order Process Billing, Receivables Management, Payables Management, and Sage Intacct
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an accounting role
- College degree in accounting, finance, math, business or related field required with commensurate experience also considered
UniFocus is the industry leader in providing Smart Productivity Tools for Labor Management, Time and Attendance, Survey Solutions, Performance, Consulting and Training. Our technologies include industry-leading labor management systems, integrated with time and attendance; budgeting, revenue reporting and performance intelligence. Coupled with guest, employee and meeting planner survey feedback systems, and multi-dimensional mystery evaluations, UniFocus’ unmatched consulting and training expertise ensures clients get measurable returns for the systems we deliver – and customize to their needs.