Location: Carrollton, TX
An industry leader in workforce optimization, UniFocus delivers technology solutions that include resource management, labor scheduling, time and attendance tracking, reporting, analytics, budgeting, and forecasting. We are looking for a Technical Content Developer to expand user assistance offerings for our products. As part of the Technical Implementation Group, you will work with our Senior Content Developer to create a variety of information products: release notes, online help, user guides, administration guides, datasheets, job aids, video tutorials, localization notes, training materials, and more.
UniFocus is a growing company with several exciting and innovative projects in development and on the horizon. If you are a technical communicator who is interested in playing a vital role in the success of our partners and our company, then we look forward to having you on our team.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Plan, write, and edit user documentation, including release notes, online help, user guides, administration guides, datasheets, job aids, etc.
- Create graphics for information products.
- Script and produce video and multimedia content.
- Develop training materials.
- Interview subject matter experts.
- Assist with software localization.
- Adhere to the company’s writing styles, standards, and guidelines.
- Collaborate with various teams: Development, Design, QA, Training, Business Analysis, Support, and Marketing.
- Meet daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines for content creation in accordance with application development and bug fixes.
- Enhance knowledge sharing within the company.
Experience and education
- Bachelor’s degree in technical communication, instructional design, or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in technical writing, instructional design, or a related field.
Requirements - skills, job knowledge, and abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to various audiences.
- Experience in software documentation, technical writing, and editing.
- Experience in instructional design.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) management.
- Ability to quickly learn complex topics.
- Experience with collaborative platforms such as Confluence and SharePoint.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proficiency with screen capture tools such as Snagit.
- Experience with screen recording and video editing tools such as Camtasia.
- Experience with desktop publishing tools such as Adobe InDesign.
- Experience with graphics software such as Visio, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
Preferred (but not required) skills, job knowledge, and abilities
- Experience with content management systems.
- Experience with localization management.
- Knowledge of topic-based authoring.
- Knowledge of user experience (UX) design.
- Experience with help authoring tools such as Author-it, MadCap Flare, Adobe RoboHelp, HelpNDoc, etc.
- Experience with e-learning tools such as Adobe Captivate and Articulate Storyline.
- Knowledge of web technologies such as HTML, CSS, etc.
- Experience with issue/bug-tracking tools such as Jira or Bugzilla.
- Experience with labor management, time & attendance, and/or HRIS systems.
About This Company
UniFocus optimizes Workforce Performance with its Labor Management, Time & Attendance, and Survey Solutions that guarantee reduced labor costs, improved productivity, better employee engagement, AND ensures overall staff performance to increase customer satisfaction. We are a hospitality market thought leader in labor management with several decades of successful operational transformations in over 100 countries.
UniFocus is an allied member of the American Hotel & Lodging Association and a member of the National Restaurant Association.
- Compensation: DOE
- Principals only. Recruiters please DO NOT contact this job poster.
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Please direct all communication to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resume and salary history are required and can be attached to the email. A letter of recommendation is highly advised.