Location: Carrollton, TX (preferred). We are a blended office/work from home environment. Due to COVID we are currently remote.
The Help Desk Manager ensures outstanding customer service and timely completion of incoming tickets by managing the day-to-day operations of the help desk.
Role & Responsibilities
- Manage the internal JIRA Service Desk ticketing system, gather and analyzing data to identify issue trends and root causes.
- Oversee the identification, prioritization, and resolution of all technical support requests.
- Track ticket resolution times, ensuring proper status updates and correct documenting protocol is followed.
- Ensure training on new software versions and feature adds.
- Troubleshoot a variety of IT issues, finding solutions and workarounds for internal users and external users.
- Perform post-resolution follow-up help and test fixes to ensure adequate resolution.
- Manage a small team of helpdesk staff, instructing them in best practices and ensuring exceptional customer service.
- Complete all duties with a sense of urgency and minimal supervision.
- Author help/instructional guides, self-service documentation, and FAQ lists for users.
- Oversee the scheduling and development of other help desk personnel.
- Provide afterhours availability as needed for critical support escalations.
- Provide key client updates to executive team monthly.
- Participate in direct meeting/interactions with key clients.
- Commit to continuous professional development, keeping abreast with current industry trends, tools, technologies, and opportunities and attending conferences, seminars, and workshops.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Strong attention to detail – ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional customer service skills with the ability to work well under pressure
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively and independently, communicating with users at all organizational levels
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly
- Robust oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate via phone, chat, email, or in-person
- Ability to articulate complex scenarios, simplifying them as needed
- Firm understanding of operating systems, Microsoft Office products, and ticketing systems, such as JIRA and JIRA Service Desk
- Management experience preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a technical, IT, help desk, or related role
- College degree in database systems, computer science, information technology, or related field required, though commensurate experience will also be considered
UniFocus is the industry leader in providing Smart Productivity Tools for Labor Management, Time and Attendance, Survey Solutions, Performance, Consulting and Training. Our technologies include industry-leading labor management systems, integrated with time and attendance; budgeting, revenue reporting and performance intelligence. Coupled with guest, employee and meeting planner survey feedback systems, and multi-dimensional mystery evaluations, UniFocus’ unmatched consulting and training expertise ensures clients get measurable returns for the systems we deliver – and customize to their needs.
UniFocus is an allied member of the American Hotel & Lodging Association and a member of the National Restaurant Association. For more information, visit www.unifocus.com or visit us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.