Location: Dallas, TX (preferred). We are a blended office/work from home environment. Due to COVID we are currently remote.
The Product Owner/Business Analyst bridges the gap between the business and technical teams by working alongside the development and QA teams to effectively monitor portfolios. This position optimizes project quality and delivery flow for IT project teams through the facilitation of Agile project management processes.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead IT project definition and prioritization by working with Partners, stakeholders, developers, and internal and external customers.
- Assist in maintaining project portfolio roadmap and backlog.
- Gather, organize, and deliver business requirements.
- Develop business cases and prioritize features, enhancements, and project initiatives.
- Manage risk, change, and dependency management within project portfolio, coordinating with other internal IT teams.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to deliver business requirements via artifacts such as epics, features, user stories, acceptance criteria, wireframe diagrams, interaction diagrams, mockups, demos, etc.
- Examine the impact of proposed technology solutions across the business, involving relevant stakeholders and Partners to clarify business requirements.
- Identify and recommend new technology solutions and alternatives as needed.
- Facilitate Agile ceremonies including backlog grooming, stand-ups, demonstrations, and retrospectives.
- Engage development team on Agile values, principles, and practices.
- Maintain ongoing communication with IT staff and Partners to assist in the development, implementation, and support of technology solutions.
- Commit to continuous professional development, keeping abreast with current industry trends, tools, technologies, and opportunities and attending conferences, seminars, and workshops.
- Defines and executes go-to-market plan, working to ensure that product management, marketing, and sales have what they need to be successful.
- Develops and maintains appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future investment.
Qualifications & Education
- Strong attention to deadlines and detail – ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively and independently with minimal supervision
- Robust oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Penchant for being inquisitive and innovative
- Ability to articulate complex scenarios, simplifying them as needed
- High degree of computer literacy; working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Familiar with Agile and JIRA
- Agile/Scrum Certification preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience with project management functions relating to software development
- Proven track record of delivering data driven solutions with a customer-first mindset
- Established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles
- College degree in computer science, business administration, or related field required
Based in Carrollton, Texas, UniFocus is a global software provider in the workforce management and feedback solutions industry. UniFocus is rapidly growing, making the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in America for 2013 and 2014. In 2020, we were voted "Most Promising HR Tech Solutions Providers 2020" by CIOReview. Our success is achieved by our team’s dedication and operating environment. Our executive management team possesses over a century of unrivaled success in the industry, helping service businesses fine-tune operations. UniFocus is setting the standard for resource management, closed-loop feedback, performance measurement, operational efficiency and business intelligence. Our expertise and technology applications help service organizations acquire the complete array of insightful knowledge they need to run their business for optimal results and profitability.
We offer benefits like paid time off, health insurance , 401k, innovation time, and flexible work-from-home opportunities (during COVID the majority of the workforce is working remotely).