Insights on Workforce Optimization
Recaps many of the key issues that operators need to focus on as they re-open and then operate during these unique conditions.
- Operating Restaurants in a COVID-19 Environment
- Pre-Opening Considerations
- Menu Engineering and Planning
- Taking Full Advantage of Available Demand with Restricted Capacity
- Managing Back of the House Re-Opening
- Checklist for Operating in the "New Normal"
Redefining Labor Management
This issue explores insights & best practices for labor management that take you beyond simple cost cutting. See how the right mix of training, technology & processes can optimize your workforce.
- The EVOLUTION of Labor Management
- OPTIMIZED Labor Performance
- The Manager's PERSPECTIVE
- A DYNAMIC Industry Requires a DYNAMIC Scheduling Solution
- ENGAGED Management
- TRAINING to Optimize Your Team's Performance
Engagement After 90 Days
A Key to Success
This issue tackles the tough question, "How do I keep my employees engaged after the first 90 days?". Several industry experts have weighed in on methods/ideology they have used.
- Employee Engagement after 90 Days
- The First 90 Days
- Best Practices in Employee Training/Engagement
- Maintaining Engagement
- Engagement Stats
Applied Data Gives You the Power to Succeed!
Read about how data impacts your business and how it can be leveraged to create a better guest experience, a more productive operating environment and ultimately, increase your bottom line.
- Conquering Data Overload
- Using Big Data to Get Big Results
- Data: Everyone has it, but what do you do with it?
- Learning to Share
- Sharing Data Securely
- Enterprise Data and the Future of Hospitality
Managing Costs: The Challenge of Staying on Track
Cost management is critical to achieving solid bottom line performance. Consider cost management from a few different perspectives.
- Cost Management That Carries You Forward
- Four Steps to a Bigger Bottom Line
- Ask An Expert: A Cost Management Q&A with KSL Resorts' James Struthers
- Cost Controlling Trends With Staying Power
Cross-Utilization: Leveraging your Workforce To Fill the Gaps
Cross-training and cross-utilizing your staff is done to greater or lesser degrees in a variety of hospitality/service operations. This issue takes a a hard look at how/where this practice can help you improve your bottom line.
- Taking a Fresh Look at an Old Practice
- Employee Impact: Weighing the Effects of Cross-Utilization
- Cross-Training Q&A: Benchmark Hospitality
- Stretching Your Workforce to Go the Extra Mile
- Who Else is Cross-Training
Minimum Wage Increase: Are You Prepared for the Ripple Effect?
New wage rates and exempt staff rules will be taking effect and markets are going to be impacted by these changes. This edition brings additional perspectives and ideas as to how to address a higher cost environment.
- New Wage Rates and Exempt Staff Rules: What Will the Impact Be?
- Quick Facts on Minimum Wage
- Are You Ready for Some OT?
- The Impact of Higher Wages on the Restaurant Industry: The Experts Dish
- To Offset the Increase in Minimum Wage...Focus on Productivity
Generate Performance: Unleash the Power of a Multi-Generational Workforce
Today's workplace is comprised of a multi-generational workforce. Each generation varies in how they approach their work, communication and how their needs can be met. This edition looks at the fundamental differences between generations and how to use these differences to your advantage.
- Millennials: Game Changers
- Bridging the Generational Communication Gap
- Ready or Not, Here They Come!
- Coaching Differences in the Workforce
- How to Play Together in the Multi-Generational Sandbox at Work