Data Controller vs Data Processor
When users access our Website and view information about us and our technology, communicate with us, download whitepapers, and register for events etc., we are the data controller.
When an individual engages with our services because their employer uses UniFocus' services then;
- the user’s employer is the data controller with respect to the user information it provides to us. When your employer is data controller in this way, we act as a data processor under data protection laws, meaning we use the information to provide a service to your employer.
- UniFocus is the data controller for information provided directly by the individual, including survey data, support requests, personal data within our mobile application, or information provided in a contact form. To be clear, none of these additional profile details are required to utilize our site, but we can offer you an enhanced experience if you provide it.
How Unifocus uses Personal
- To verify that your account is secure and to protect Unifocus services from abuse and fraud;
- To allow Unifocus to provide you with our services, and to improve our services;
- To create and administer your account, contact you, and customize your experience.
- To analyze use of our Services so that UniFocus can improve performance and provide our users with the best experience possible.
- The personal contact information you provide on the surveys is collected and used by Unifocus and our respective clients. UniFocus does not share information with other contracting businesses.
How we store and secure your Personal Information
Information storage and security
- The information we collect is hosted on Unifocus owned servers in the United States of America and we use technical measures to secure your data.
- We have implemented virtual and physical safeguards designed to protect your information. UniFocus will take all reasonable precautions to protect personal data in our care from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access. However, no Internet transmission is ever fully secure, and we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems is absolutely safe from intrusion.
How long we keep information
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Unifocus and its clients, may collect, capture, receive, possess, store, use and/or otherwise obtain biometric data for use with our Time & Attendance software, specifically our Time Clocks. Biometric data may include:
- “Biometric Identifiers” which means a retina or iris scan, fingerprint, voiceprint, or scan of hand or face geometry.
- "Biometric information" which means any information---regardless of how it is captured, converted, stored, or shared--- that is based on an individual's biometric identifier and is used to identify an individual.
- Informs the individual before capturing the biometric data; and
- provides the purpose, in writing, for collecting biometric data and length of term for which a biometric identifier or biometric information is being collected, stored, and used; and
- receives the individual’s written consent to capture the biometric data.
Unifocus and/or its clients who may possess biometric data may not sell, lease, or disclose the biometric data to another person unless:
- The individual consents to the disclosure for identification purposes in the event of disappearance or death.
The disclosure is required by federal or state law other than Government Code, Chapter 552.
Biometric data, if collected or otherwise obtained, will be retained until the original purpose for collecting or obtaining such data has been satisfied, or within 90 days of the individual’s last interaction with UniFocus or the client, whichever occurs first.
Unifocus may obtain information through our mobile applications that customers or their authorized individuals (“users”) download to, and run on, their mobile devices. Mobile applications provided by Unifocus may obtain information from, or access data stored on, users’ devices to provide services related to the relevant mobile application. For example, a mobile application may access the geographic location of a user’s device to enable the User to access extended features provided by Unifocus' services. Mobile applications may transmit information to and from devices to provide the mobile application services.
Information accessed or obtained by the mobile application on a user’s device may be accessible to the customer and its organization, depending on the intended functionality of the mobile application. Unifocus may provide updated versions of its mobile applications. If your mobile device’s settings permit, those updates will be downloaded and installed automatically on your mobile device. By installing a UniFocus mobile application on your mobile device, you consent to the downloading and updating of that mobile application.
How to access and control your information
When Unifocus is acting as a data processor, we will only process personal information in accordance with the instructions given by the data controller. When Unifocus is acting as a data controller, we will act in accordance with your permission to offer you our services and as otherwise instructed by you.
If you would like to discontinue receiving communications from us, you may update your email preferences by using the “Unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon request, Unifocus will provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. To request this information please contact us at email@example.com.
We will provide you with the means to ensure that your personal information is correct and current. If you have registered to use our mobile application, we will provide a way for you to access and change your profile within the application. We will also allow you to completely delete your profile along with all personal information associated with that profile, although this option may significantly degrade your experience with our services. You may request deletion by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 days of receipt of the request. Requesting deletion of your account means your personal information is permanently deleted and cannot be retrieved.
If you would like to view or receive a copy of your personal information that we hold at any time, you may contact us at email@example.com.
Personal Information We Collect
Unifocus collects, processes, and stores personal information from you and other sources to provide services and products to Unifocus and our clients. At times we will collect data directly from you. This data is collected when you use our mobile application, submit support requests, complete a contact form on our website, or when you provide a guest satisfaction survey for one of our clients.
The personal information we collect includes:
- Contact information, such as your name, title, email, phone, physical address
- Information about your company, and job function
- Your nationality, citizenship information, and language information
- Social Security Number
- Login information for use of Unifocus sites or services including login and technical information
- Personal Information that is provided to a client of UniFocus
- Information you provide to UniFocus.
You may be required to provide UniFocus with certain information to use our sites and services.
Who will we share your Personal Information with?
- Unifocus does not sell customer information to third parties, nor do we share customer information with outside parties who may wish to market their products to you.
- When submitting a survey with a comment, Unifocus provides the client with that comment and with your contact information so that the client may use your personal information to reply to inquiries, handle complaints, provide operational notices, and offer in-program (such as loyalty program membership) record-keeping.
- Unifocus may release personal information to appropriate governmental authorities where release is required by law (for example, a subpoena, court order, or legal process) or regulation, or is requested by a government agency conducting investigations or proceedings.
- The information Unifocus collects is limited to what you provide our client, and that individual information is not sold or shared with any other company.
- Although personal contact information, including Name, Company, Address, Phone number and Email, provided to our clients is not sold by Unifocus, it may be used to conduct research, and the results from such research may be reported in aggregate to our clients.
- StaffScope survey results are aggregated and no personal information is provided. A minimum of three surveys are required to report results to maintain confidentiality.
International transfer of information collected
We receive permission to post testimonials that contain personal information prior to posting. If you would like us to remove your testimonial from the site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Third Party
Social Media Widgets
If you have any questions about security on our site, contact our Data Protection Officer as follows:
511 E. John Carpenter Freeway, Suite 410 Irving, TX 75061
Phone: (972) 512-5000