Information storage and security
- The information we collect is hosted on UniFocus owned servers in the United States of America and we use technical measures to secure your data.
- We have implemented virtual and physical safeguards designed to protect your information. UniFocus will take all reasonable precautions to protect personal data in our care from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access. However, no Internet transmission is ever fully secure, and we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems is absolutely safe from intrusion.
How long we keep information
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
UniFocus and its clients, collect biometric data for use with our Time & Attendance software, specifically our Time Clocks.
- “Biometric Identifiers” means a retina or iris scan, fingerprint, voiceprint, or scan of hand or face geometry.
- "Biometric information" means any information---regardless of how it is captured, converted, stored, or shared--- that is based on an individual's biometric identifier as is used to identify an individual.
- Informs the individual before capturing the biometric data; and
- provides the purpose, in writing, for collecting biometric data and length of term for which a biometric identifier or biometric information is being collected, stored, and used; and
- receives the individual’s written consent to capture the biometric data.
UniFocus and/or clients who possess biometric data may not sell, lease, or disclose the biometric data to another person unless:
- The individual consents to the disclosure for identification purposes in the event of disappearance or death.
The disclosure is required by federal or state law other than Government Code, Chapter 552
Biometric Identifiers and/or biometric Information as defined above will be retained until the original purpose for collecting or obtaining such identifiers and/or information has been satisfied, or within 3 years of the individual’s last interaction with UniFocus.