Location: Dallas, TX (preferred). We are a blended office/work from home environment. Due to COVID we are currently remote.
Come be part of a growing company and help us create great applications for the hospitality industry. We support hotels, restaurants, casinos, and more, with our innovative web-based and mobile software suite. You'll have an opportunity to express yourself and make meaningful contributions to the product teams and to the company as a whole.
We are looking for a Web Designer who will be responsible for creating great web-based business applications. Primary duties include conceptualizing creative ideas for applications within our suite of products, as well as generating the necessary visual artifacts and documentation to accurately communicate those ideas to a development team. You will be working closely with our web development team to ensure a proper and hassle-free implementation.
Additional duties include setting up and running user tests to generate actionable real-world data about your product designs, enhancing and documenting our internal style guide and design rules, as well as helping to grow and evangelize the UX design discipline within the company.
Role & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with internal and external clients to determine product requirements
- Convert product requirements into effective user interfaces
- Generate wireframes, mockups, prototypes and other visual artifacts
- Grow and evolve the look & feel of the application suite
- Contribute research and content to the pattern library
- Transform ideas into fully-documented application spec documents
- Research best practices for UI and UX
- Develop interface designs for mobile phones, tablets, and desktop applications
- Conduct user tests to determine efficacy of UI designs
- Synthesize test findings into actionable information
We offer benefits like paid time off, health insurance , 401k, innovation time, and flexible work-from-home opportunities (during COVID the majority of the workforce is working remotely).
Qualifications & Skills
- Proven understanding of graphic design fundamentals
- Demonstrated ability to take a project from concept to launch
- Strong command of color theory, image composition, and typography
- Excellent time-management skills
- Creative and open to new ideas.
- Ability to deliver production-ready digital assets in a wide variety of formats
- Awareness of UI/UX principles
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Comfort working in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- One to three years of professional design experience
- Portfolio of strong creative work
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD)
Company DescriptionBased in Carrollton, Texas, UniFocus is a global software provider in the workforce management and feedback solutions industry. UniFocus is rapidly growing, making the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in America for 2013 and 2014. In 2020, we were voted "Most Promising HR Tech Solutions Providers 2020" by CIOReview. Our success is achieved by our team’s dedication and operating environment. Our executive management team possesses over a century of unrivaled success in the industry, helping service businesses fine-tune operations. UniFocus is setting the standard for resource management, closed-loop feedback, performance measurement, operational efficiency and business intelligence. Our expertise and technology applications help service organizations acquire the complete array of insightful knowledge they need to run their business for optimal results and profitability.
CommunicationPlease direct all communication to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax 972-512-5099. Resume and salary history are required and must be attached for consideration. A letter of recommendation is highly advised. Relocation assistance or visa sponsorship is not available.